the margrave quartet

Friday, August 07, 2009

Amanda's New Business

Several months ago I called my friend Amanda almost in tears. "Can you come help? I am bogged down in stuff and I don't know where to start." Amanda being who she is came over immediately and pulled me out of the mire in my kitchen and my bathroom closet. I told her then she needed to start her own business. Well, she finally took my advice and here it is http://simplifyspace.blogspot.com.

Yesterday she came over and helped with my paperwork and my office closet. I had four drawers full of papers just stuffed in there because I have two children under three and no system in place to take care of it. I did what Amanda told me, and now I have four empty drawers, and paperwork in envelopes for each year starting with 2003. So, if the IRS decides to audit because we didn't pay the $.50 we owe them I am set. Not only that, I now have a specific place to put all 2009 bills, statements, and all that other junk that didn't have a good place to live. Check out her blog. It's pretty cool to see what else she has done. She is fantastic!


This is a picture of my office before Amanda came. It was actually in decent shape in appearance because it literally had never been used :)


This is a picture after we reorganized into a neat, usable space





3 Comments:

  • Yay!!! It's not quite how I want it, but it will work for now. There are still some things I want to fix. I wish everyone could see the blankets stuffed behind the baskets. :)

    When the beginning of school has died down, we will work on the rest of the closets (ie-the pics of the ones you sent me). Hehe..yes, I laughed.

    Thanks for promoting me. You are the best. I think I am going to put a link to this on mine.

    By Blogger Amanda, At 3:13 PM  

  • so my question is: does amanda advocate using baskets? :)

    By Blogger Gram, At 2:21 PM  

  • No, not the wicker type baskets. I like the clear/white plastic containers. When I say the blankets behind the baskets, I mean in the before pic. I quickly got rid of those baskets. I just don't like them.

    By Blogger Amanda, At 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home