the margrave quartet

Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Locked Room

Have you ever wondered what you would do if your kids locked you out of a room? Well, I started trying to find a key to get the door unlocked. I wasn't too concerned because they were in Soren's old room without too much in it besides a WHOLE lot of clothes that I needed to go through, Soren's old mattress, a chair, and a dresser. I had already called Chris and told him he could NOT be late home because the kids had been terrible. It took me 20 minutes to get the door unlocked and this is what I found.

Soren was standing on the dresser with only her shirt on turning the light on and off. That made me let out a small gasp. I then opened the door the rest of the way to find Ellaiden completely naked sitting in a tub that she had emptied a brand new extra large bottle of pancake syrup into. She had retrieved this out of the kitchen cabinet BEFORE locking her and her sister in the room. There was syrup on the floor, the clothes, the mattress, the chair, the walls, the dresser, Soren, and the light switch. Part of the punishment was both of them taking a cold bath which they did NOT like. At this point, I can now smile and laugh about it.

5 Comments:

  • OH-MY-WORD. How I would've loved to be a fly on the wall. Too bad you didn't get pictures. I can't imagine how mad you were...I would've been.

    How funny, though.

    By Blogger Amanda, At 7:56 PM  

  • I can so relate. Ask me sometime. Mamaw Byrd

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:30 PM  

  • is there a place in time where you can be both raging mad and laughing on the inside? this moment might just fit that....

    By Blogger redbyrd, At 9:12 AM  

  • you have the funniest girls! they are DEFINITELY your children! thanks for the belly laugh!

    By Anonymous Rebecca Lewis, At 7:47 PM  

  • well, you know their father painted my rolltop desk, piano and piano bench, solid oak rocking chair with white latex paint when he was almost 3....left a handprint on the wall that we never painted over :)

    By Blogger Gram, At 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home