the margrave quartet

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Nap Time

Our new nap routine looks something like this....

I carry little E into her bedroom and put her in her bed.

She looks at me with big watery eyes and acts like I have just spanked her.

This lasts for about 30 seconds after I leave the room.

E sits up and plays with her doll for about 30 minutes sticking her arms and legs through her rails, rolling around, and laughing.

She then stands up and starts chewing on her crib rail while crying.

I go in and lay her down again.

She looks at me with big watery eyes and acts like I have just spanked her.

This usually lasts about 3 minutes.

Ellaiden sticks her bottom in the air and sleeps for an hour to an hour and a half.

"Dada", giggles, "DADA!", more giggles.

I ignore that she is calling for her father and go in and get her and we continue on with our day.

There is probably a better way...



2 Comments:

  • nope! don't think there is a better way - this sounds marvelous! what a happy baby! what a stinker! can't believe she is standing up and chewing on her crib (non-toxic, right?). ha! and i've heard that cry and it is pathetic! pathetically precious!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:33 PM  

  • sounds like you are doing it right! it is always hard to resist those big croc tears though! go momma!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home