the margrave quartet

Saturday, April 15, 2006

All hail, the Burrito Queen

Thoughts and things I have learned on being a new mom as well as living in Texas…

Instead of getting a chicken pie (yummy, yummy typical North Carolina fare) for our coming home meal, from friends we received “King Ranch Chicken” with Rotel, peppers, and chili powder. Yummy, yummy!

My child will only go number two’s in freshly-changed diapers. She has consistently waited until AFTER I am done changing her to a new nappy to finish what she started. This is even after I have waited to make sure she was done.

Preemie diapers hold everything in. At this point newborn diapers do not!

Ellaiden HATES having her diaper changed. She screams bloody murder every time. When changing is over, she's back to normal.

Because swaddling her makes Ellaiden look liked a well-wrapped burrito, I actually use “Burrito Queen” as a term of endearment.

A blanket, subsequently, has become a “tortilla.”

I refer to grandparents as “The Original Burrito Makers.”

When I am woken up in the middle of the night by an “uncouth noise,” instead of knowing it is my husband, I ask myself: “Was that my husband, was that me or was that my daughter?”

And lastly, I can pick up my ringing cell-phone with my toes while breast-feeding.

1 Comments:

  • Elle is quite the cute burrito queen. Jenny, I'm impressed with the toe-talent you've discovered as a new mom. Hope the burrito family is doing well!

    By Blogger sean and mel, At 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home